Thursday, 16 February 2012

Tuna-Tomato Pie à la Seb



I would be a liar if I pretended to have prepared this dish myself. I had planned to, I swear, but my boyfriend Seb just beat me to it. When I came home from work, the pie was ready to be cooked, the oven hot, and even the kitchen cleaned up! So, in honour of my sweetie, I decided to call it the “Tuna-Tomato Pie à la Seb”.

What you need: 
  • 1 ready-to-cook puff pastry 
  • 400 g of tuna (canned) 
  • 3 fresh tomatoes 
  • 3 onions 
  • 3 eggs 
  • Mustard 
  • A little glass of milk 
  • Celery salt 
  • Pepper 
  • Ground nutmeg 
  • Dried oregano 
  • Olive oil 
  • Grated cheese 
How to proceed: 
  • Chop the onions into strips. 
  • Fry them in a drizzle of olive oil with a pinch of dried oregano. Don’t forget to crumble the oregano between your fingers to enhance its flavour. 
  • Preheat your oven, 200-220°C. 
  • Spread out the puff pastry in the pie dish and prick it with a fork. 
  • Coat the bottom with 1-2 spoonfuls of mustard. 
  • Spread the fried onions. 
  • Slice the tomatoes. 
  • Spread them on the onions; add some celery salt and pepper. 
  • Spread the tuna on the tomatoes (crumble it between your fingers to avoid lumps). 
  • Add some more oregano on top of the tuna. 
  • With a fork, mix three eggs and a small glass of milk. Add celery salt, pepper, a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of oregano. 
  • Pour over the tuna. 
  • Add some grated cheese on top. 
  • Put the pie in the oven, cook 25-30 minutes at 200-220°C (I cannot be more precise as my oven is an old-fashioned gas oven where temperatures are approximate at the best of times). 
Seb served the pie with a nice salad (lettuce, tomatoes, shallots and Sauce Vinaigrette with Balsamic Vinegar). Easy to prepare, delicious, a nice weekday dish that you can propose as a starter whenever you have guests (just serve smaller slices). Thank you, sweetie, I really appreciated not having to cook this time! And, most importantly, thanks for such a wonderful dish!
Bon appétit! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget