After another longish silence (still too much work), now for a light spring recipe. Alright, the weather here in Paris is not very spring-like, I admit. But I’m really looking forward to the sunnier days (I mean, they have to show up one day, don’t they?) so when I cook, I prefer to prepare some nice ‘n’ light meals. My as-if-attitude, right?
Today, it’s an easy tart recipe, a must for all those who love leek and ham and goat cheese.
What you need:
- 4 rods of leek
- Some butter
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- Some fresh goat cheese
- Some ripe goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 200 ml of cream
- Salt, pepper, ground nutmeg
- 1 puff pastry (ready-to-use, unless you want to prepare a fresh one, but be warned: that’s a mighty complicated task)
- Cut the smoked ham.
- Cut the leek.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan, then stir-fry the leek.
- Preheat your oven, 200°C.
- Precook the puff pastry for 10 minutes (prick the bottom with a fork to avoid that the puff pastry swells in inappropriate places).
- After the 10 minutes, cover the bottom of the puff pastry with the leek.
- Add the ham.
- Mix the eggs and the cream; add salt, pepper and some ground nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture over the ham.
- Finish with the two types of goat cheese (and be generous for Heaven's sake! lol).
- . Put in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy this meat, it’s healthy, light and tasty.