Here's a wonderful and wonderfully easy dish: my oven-baked pork chop gratin with tomato-bell pepper bulgur. It doesn't take long to prepare and turns out simply delicious.
What you need (for 2 persons):
- 4 pork chops
- Salt, pepper
- Ground nutmeg
- Olive oil
- 3 spoonfuls of mustard
- 1/4 l cream
- Grated cheese
- 1 glass of bulgur
- 2 little tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- Some butter
How to proceed:
- Saute the pork chops in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, a pinch of paprika and a pinch of ground nutmeg on each side of the pork chops.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven, 200°C.
- Place the sauteed pork chops in an oven-sage dish.
- Mix 0,25 l of cream with three spoonfuls of mustard.
- Pour the mixture over the pork chops.
- Add grated cheese on top (generously).
- Put the pork chops in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200°C.
- Dice 2 tomatoes and one green bell pepper.
- Cook the bulgur 10-12 minutes in boiling water (as if you were cooking noodles).
- Saute the cooked bulgur with some butter; add the tomatoes and the bell pepper.
- When the pork chop gratin has a nice colour, it's time for dinner.
You will see - the mustard gives a tasty touch to the pork chops, which should be perfectly tender and yummy! As for the gratin, well, if you're as big a cheese fan as I am, you will simply adore this recipe!