Sunday, 26 May 2013

Hazelnut Cake




Last weekend, I had another go at baking with this delicious Austrian recipe. Now, baking is always a kitchen adventure if ever I’ve seen one! I think I told you that our oven has a quite hazardous way of expressing itself. It’s an old gas cooker with a funny graduation starting at 270°C, then there’s a line for 250°C followed by a last one indicating 150°C. Between these, it’s freestyle cooking at its best! Imagine how this situation makes it “easy” when you want to bake a cake! Cakes need precise temperatures and cooking times, as you all know. But each time I decide to venture into the dangerous territory of Cakes ‘n’ Sweets, I have to hold a wet thumb into the wind to gage whether my oven has the right temperature or not. What a surprise, thus, when I realized a perfectly cooked, fluffy and light cake this time. 


What you need: 
  • 120 g of butter 
  • 250 g of sugar 
  • 3 eggs 
  • 250 g of flour 
  • ½ pack of baking powder 
  • 100 g of grated hazelnuts 
  • ¼ l of milk 
  • Some more butter and flour for the cake pan (a ring-shaped cake pan would be perfect)
How to proceed: 
  • Make sure you’ve taken the butter out of the fridge in time as you need it to be soft. 
  • Preheat your oven at 150°C. 
  • Sift the flour, stir in the baking powder. 
  • Mix the butter, sugar and eggs until they are foamy. 
  • Add the mixture flour-baking powder. 
  • Mix in the grated hazelnuts and the milk. 
  • Grease your cake pan with some butter and coat the buttered inside with some flour. 
  • Bake the cake at 150°C for about 50-60 minutes. 
Serve the cake with a coating of icing sugar. This is perfect as a dessert together with a glass of cold champagne, but also for a coffee break or for breakfast. I really loved this cake, and I’m sure so will you!
Bon app├ętit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget